Director, Interconnection & Transmission
Houston, TX • Engineering & Construction
Perform all aspects of transmission modeling for the development of renewable energy generation projects. The primary focus is on utility scale Solar, Energy Storage, and Wind energy projects. This position will be required to travel approximately 25% of time.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform transmission modeling using PROMOD, PSS/E or PowerWorld (or others) and provide feasibility level analysis for development pipeline projects.
- Responsible for developing a robust interconnection strategy for a developing pipeline of utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Perform all aspects of transmission analysis for development of new power generation projects in the US.
- Accountable for delivering transmission and interconnection services to the business developers.
- Provide and advise on conceptual transmission and interconnection designs for development pipeline projects.
- Responsible for providing all technical and cost information to the business developers that are required for the interconnection of the project (including system upgrades).
- Provide subject matter leadership in transmission analysis tasks to the senior leadership team.
- Liaise with the members of the Engineering, Commercial and development teams and utilize in-house experience and knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a transmission analysis role in the energy sector.
- Must have extensive experience with using transmission modeling tools (PROMOD, PSS/E, PowerWorld, Dyzer, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in transmission analysis with regards to developing and constructing renewable energy assets in the United States.
- Working experience in or direct interaction experience with the major regional transmission organizations such as MISO, CAISO, SPP and PJM.
- Capable of scoping, contracting, and managing consultants and contractors for transmission analysis services when necessary.
- Must be highly productive when working remotely and be able to work well with colleagues in various locations.
- Must be able to interpret transmission system analysis studies and use that information to advise on business development projects and activities.
- Strong and elaborate verbal and written communication skills, especially when interacting with outside stakeholders such as government agencies and local communities is an essential part of the role.
The Senior Manager, Transmission & Interconnection may be required to endure the following physical activities, environmental conditions, and physical demands:
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces,
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods,
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another,
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions,
- Communicating with others to exchange information,
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, and
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.