Avesta Housing is looking for a well-rounded, dedicated, skilled Maintenance Technician to maintain buildings and grounds of our 75 State Street independent and assisted living community in Portland, Maine.
About Seventy Five State Street
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of assisted living services in a nurturing home designed to enhance the quality of life, respect personal dignity, and to provide “peace of mind” to each resident as well as to their respective family.
What it's Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to providing our residents with sincere and thoughtful care. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others, strengthening our community, and ensuring compliance with state and federal standard of care requirements gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta's 75 State Street location being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
A reliable and independent individual who has the willingness to learn and grow in a mission-based environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and general repairs skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Independent judgment and ability to work well with a team
- Professional attitude and strong work-ethic
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet facility and state immunization requirements
- A valid driver's license and auto insurance.
- Ability to use tools, carry equipment and supplies and climb ladders up to six feet in height.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new software as needed.
Click HERE to view the full Maintenance Technician job description.
This a full-time, hourly non-exempt position with opportunity for overtime pay. Wage is $20.00 - $22.00/hour, with opportunity for overtime.
This job is on-site at 75 State Street, Portland, Maine.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 7 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 22 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application and apply today!