Fairstead looking for a Part time (Mon, Wed, Fri 8-5PM) Recertification Specialist to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As a Recertification Specialist you will be the first point of contact for the property, and you will provide administrative support for the on-site team. You will handle the flow of people through the property and ensure that all responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Maintains records, documentation, and files, particularly more complex or sensitive files.
- Type letters and memos.
- Track visits and calls.
- Oversees telephone services, email correspondence, and mail distribution.
- Answer phones pleasantly, adhering to the phone techniques as stipulating in the policy and procedures manual.
- Assist in taking work requests and expediting their completion; maintaining records as stated in the policy and procedures manual.
- Maintain courteous communications with residents, applicants, and representatives of other companies.
- Directs office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Assists clerical and support staff with their assigned duties, particularly when more advanced, skilled, or sensitive work is required.
- Maintains office supplies inventory.
- Performs other related duties as required
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Property Management experience a plus
- One year of office assistant or customer service experience.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail and be well-organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Experience in Section 8 (HUD)
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values