HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM - no evenings or weekends!
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a full-time RN to work hands-on, providing direct patient care, triage, and education.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides general health education and direct nursing care for patients and their families, and participates in community outreach events and alternative off site locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicates and works in partnership daily with health care team and PTHA personnel on patients’ status and provision of health care and education.
- Carries out preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures, including triage and assessment of patients of all ages, and administers medications, treatments and IV starts, as ordered or directed and completes documentation by end of day.
- Responds to telephone, email and in-clinic triage addressing patients’ issues within two business days.
- On a weekly basis, performs intensive medical care management on high-risk patient findings (abnormal results) and reports outcomes /findings to provider within two business days.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of individual’s and families’ health education needs.
- Provides patient education on chronic conditions including but not limited to tobacco cessation, cancer, diabetes, asthma, COPD, heart disease, obesity and various topics at patient or provider request.
- Remains knowledgeable of current health information, care management, medications, teaching techniques and important aspects of healthcare.
- Assists in the review and development of new health education materials including various media (i.e. Tribal newspaper, lobby TVs, pamphlets, seasonal campaigns, etc.) as directed.
- Plans and coordinates health education programs/activities that will educate the community on health related topics and fosters community involvement in achieving health-related goals as directed.
- Participates in applicable grant writing as it relates to the activities of the health educator. Provides written reports, data, and materials as requested.
- Maintains knowledge of and collaborative relationship with appropriate resources in and outside of PTHA for coordination of client’s care. Makes referrals as necessary to other departments and agencies.
- Participate in after-hours monthly call rotation as assigned and required.
- WA State Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Three (3) years nursing experience
AND must also meet one (1) of the following specialty requirements:
- OB: Three (3) years’ experience in maternal/child health required.
- Pediatrics: Minimum two (2) years Pediatric inpatient or outpatient experience.
- Tobacco: Prior tobacco cessation, patient health education and direct patient care experience required. Must have certification in Tobacco Cessation or have ability to obtain certification within one year of hire. Must be tobacco free for at least nine months and must remain tobacco free for duration of employment.
- Care Navigator: Minimum one (1) year intensive case management experience in acute or ambulatory setting.
- Educator: Minimum two (2) years’ combined experience with diabetes education, tobacco cessation and cancer navigation required.
- Training: Minimum two (2) years’ experience providing direct clinical education, training and orientation of clinical staff.