Jewish Family Services (JFS ) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed organization that supports and strengthens lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis - regardless of faith, age, culture, or lifestyle. A highly-skilled and compassionate staff is dedicated to preserving the well-being, comfort, and dignity of others, always respecting the confidentiality of our clients. JFS proudly serves over 10,000 people annually, more than half of whom are not Jewish. Our service areas include KesherKC (social services and food pantry), Older Adult Services, Mental Health and Education, and Jewish Life including Chaplaincy. Being Jewish is not a requirement for staff, clients, or volunteers.
The KesherKC Food Pantry Manager is a full-time position responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations of one of the two food pantries run by JFS. The Food Pantry Manager is part of the KesherKC program, which encompasses food pantry and social services. This position coordinates food pantry services, including supervising pantry volunteers and coordinating with KesherKC case managers to ensure pantry clients have access to other JFS services.
- Provide a positive client experience by being welcoming and ensuring pantry services are optimized for efficiency.
- Manage, order, and receive grocery inventory to ensure supplies are appropriate to meet needs.
- Train and supervise onsite pantry volunteers to ensure knowledge of pantry process and appropriate human-centered client care.
- Coordinate with the Director of Pantry Operations (DPO) and Director of Volunteer Services on volunteer needs and opportunities, and address concerns, including training volunteers for lead pantry roles.
- Plan, in conjunction with DPO, pantry programs for clients about nutrition, health, healthy eating cooking, etc.
- Forecast pantry needs and collaborate with the development team to communicate donor opportunities in the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely data gathering and entry in ETO, JFS’s client database, including shopping appointments.
- Coordinate with KS Food Pantry Manager to ensure coordination and cross-staffing for both locations.
- Staff Kansas pantry when needed.
Essential Education & Experience:
- Minimum three years of food pantry management or related food service.
- Demonstrated experience managing volunteers; familiarity with volunteer management best practices.
- Demonstrated success partnering with local community resources.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with client databases, web browsers, and demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- A high school degree is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Able to work comfortably & effectively with a wide range of staff and client populations, treating all with dignity and respect.
- Able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Problem analysis and solving; being solution oriented.
- Possess planning and organization skills, and efficient work and time management.
- Stress tolerance & adaptability
- Cheerful, approachable personality
This position is very physical, requiring the ability to sit, stand, walk up and down stairs throughout the day, use warehouse equipment, lift and move up to 50 pounds, employ best safety practices for moving heavy loads, and be stress-tolerant of varying weather conditions. You must be able to comply with JFS's mandatory COVID vaccination policy.
JFS AS AN EMPLOYER
In addition to competitive salaries, JFS offers great benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 3 Weeks Paid Holidays (Federal & Jewish)
- Floating Holidays
- Professional Learning & Development Opportunities
- 1/2 Price Membership at Jewish Community Center
- Free Parking
Guiding Principles: JFS is guided by five principles that inform how we engage with each other and the community we serve. The right candidate will be in alignment with these values:
- B’Yachad - Stronger Together: We are stronger as an agency and a community when we think, work, and serve together.
- Being Human-Centered: We put the human experience and perspective at the center of our thinking, programming, services, and interactions.
- Collaboration: We actively seek partnering opportunities within JFS and throughout our community
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: We respond and continually adapt to ongoing needs and changes in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Open Communication: We communicate openly, honestly, and in a solution-oriented manner.
EEO: Jewish Family Services is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and organizational need. All applicants will be considered for employment with dignity and respect, free of all discrimination, including that which is based on race, color, religion, gender, language, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
JFS'S NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Clients of Jewish Family Services have a right to be treated with dignity and respect, free of all discrimination, including that which is based on race, color, religion, gender, language, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, or immigration status. We will make every reasonable accommodation to ensure your access to our programs and services.