Function & Responsibility
Plans, coordinates, and directs a quality management system (QMS) designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards. Manages quality processes within the facility; which includes analyzing information, and reporting results in support of quality systems.
- Assist with management of the QMS to ensure conformance to established processes, procedures, and standards. Conducts periodic management reviews.
- Drive RCCA investigations and responds to customer issues as needed.
- Responsible for managing all external customer audits/certifications (ex. ISO-9001).
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in the organization.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other departments to maximize product reliability and minimize costs. Includes activities related to non-conforming material and customer returns.
- Interface effectively and positively with other team members to ensure products meet customer and company objectives and requirements.
- Manages calibration activities and accurately updates the database.
- Applies total quality management (TQM) tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Provides training at all levels on the Quality Management System.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs for key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Perform supplier assessments, qualifications, and surveillance audits.
- Monitor and report on supplier quality performance
- Monitor and support global continuous improvement projects. Drive as required
- Administrate regulatory compliance and performs other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Requires the individual to work at a desk on a computer for an extended period of time with periods of time in which they will have to move around the office for interaction with others. Requires interaction with others via the telephone for extended periods of time.
Requires light physical effort such as stooping and bending. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient in PC computer skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience preferred
- IS9001 certification experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in quality management or related discipline, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 7-10 years of experience in handling the responsibilities outlined above.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience.