SINCE 1976, CANNON has provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
JOIN CANNON as a CIVIL SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER IN PUBLIC WORKS in IRVINE. Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is a top bicycling city with miles of on-road bicycle lanes and mountain bike trails. It is one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
CIVIL SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY
Assisting team members with a variety of tasks on a wide range of Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D, alignments, profile, cross sections and corridor design, and representing the company in coordinating with agencies, clients, and other consultants.
CIVIL SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER JOB DUTIES
- Design and prepares PS&E on a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PSandE for transportation (roadway and intersection widening, street rehab, streetscape improvements, complete streets, etc.) storm drain (hydrology and hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer and water pipelines.
- Performs calculations for hydrology and hydraulic analyses, earthwork, etc.
- Performs design and prepares plans in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Prepares project specifications in compliance with Greenbook or Caltrans standard specifications.
- Prepares itemized construction quantities and cost estimates in Excel spreadsheet format.
- Checks routine designs developed by engineers and-or technicians.
- Ensures plan check corrections are adequately addressed.
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and agencies.
- Supports project managers in tasks related to developing and maintaining budgets, schedules, scopes, and work plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- A California P.E. license.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering and design specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Strong skills using Civil 3D.
- Highly proficient with code principles and able to convey them to others.
WE OFFER competitive salaries, relocation assistance, excellent benefits package, remote work flexibility, and an active and positive team building, work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity M, F, disability, protected veteran status