Job ID: 2055
Job Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
The job will involve the following activities on day to day basis:
Assist the monitoring and L1 team in monitoring the health of the Aryaka Core Networks and Customer’s network.
Diagnosing the escalated network issues & working with various stakeholders such as customers, engineering, vendors etc. and reporting the same.
Escalating to Technical Leads/Escalation Engineers & follow-up on the issue for closure.
Proactive Problem Management of certain critical accounts.
- Ensure to assist the Shift L1s with daily working of monitoring & basic diagnosing of network related issues and drive them to closure.
- Proactively identify, diagnose, analyze and troubleshoot the issues on customer networks as well as Aryaka Core Networks.
- Research alternative solutions or workarounds.
- Give constructive feedback on the process and the tools to improvise the same
- Taking over escalated issues from L1s in a timely manner & and working with various stakeholders such as customers/engineering to arrive to a swift resolution. Also, if required, appropriately escalate the issues to the next level.
- Implement regular upgrades to the networks.
- Document the issues and solutions in the Knowledge Base.
- Willing to work in Shifts round the clock in a 24×7 environment on Rotational basis.
- Mentor the L1 engineers to bring them into the system
- Ensure proper shift/task handover is done to the next shift
- Holding technical training for the team members to enhance their skills.
- Cross team functioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Certifications: N+, CCNA & CCNP preferred
- Networking: OSI Layer, Knowledge of Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN (Switching), WAN (GRE), TCP/IP Suite & UDP.
- Security: IPSec.
- OS: Knowledge of Windows is must & Linux (any flavor) preferred.
- Team Player with positive mental attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills.
- Hard working, focused and result orientation personality required.
- Able to handle the work independently with less supervision
3-6 yrs of experience in Networking Industry. Customer facing experience is an advantage.
Preferably from TAC expertise t
ools to improvise the same