The Maintenance Director provides direction and oversight to the maintenance property(s). In alignment with corporate goals, they will create strategies and design objectives. They construct maintenance policies and procedures that are compliant to Occupational Safety and Health regulations. Additionally, they create a preventative maintenance system and procedures to manage daily operations efficiently.
- Sets overall maintenance department goals, processes, or procedures to accomplish company objectives.
- Ensures all health, safety, and regulations are followed.
- Creates a preventive maintenance system as well as procedures to keep day-to-day operations running smoothly.
- Manage and execute base facility maintenance program to include assessments, preventative maintenance, repair, and minor construction projects.
- Manage extensive renovations throughout facility. Saving the facility substantial expense through internal project management and completion within time and budget.
- Provide leadership in developing company policies and programs for an awareness of general safety and OSHA requirements.
- Establish operational safety policies and procedures to prevent incidents / accidents and ensure consistent compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Conduct and maintain all records for fire safety, emergency preparedness, hurricane evacuation according to state local and company guidelines.
- Manage extensive renovations throughout facility, saving the facility substantial expense through internal project management and completion within time and budget.
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance and repair tasks requiring knowledge of one or more building trades.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Experience in property management and preventative maintenance programs, HVAC systems, janitorial/housekeeping procedures, financial operations, and supervision of personnel.
- Able to effectively present and information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Adhere to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment where adaptability is imperative.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation: $90,000 - $110,000 + bonus eligible
Health Benefits: Generous employer contribution medical, dental. Employer paid vision.
15 PTO, 7 sick days
Generous holiday schedule, paid maternity leave
· 401K Plan
· Flex Spending Accounts
· Life Insurance
· Commuter Benefits
· Long Term Disability
· Nationwide Pet Insurance
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values