FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
During the Quality Engineering Co-op, you will:
- Support the data collection plan implementation for Receiving Inspection.
- Document management improvement plans.
- Prioritize process and area layout improvements.
Gain knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T, inspection equipment and techniques, understand/optimize business processes regarding handling of materials, document review, and storage. Introduction to minitab, infinity, and statistical process control methods.
- Process inspection records for First Articles and production lots, tracking of inspection time/ workload.
- Manage data of non-conforming products.
- Collect supplier data, utilize Infinity to determine supplier capability.
- Review/update inspection plans and methods of capturing data to optimize throughput.
Preferred Degree Program:
Engineering or similar technical field of study
Co-op dates: work while attending school, 20 hours/week for three consecutive semesters.
The Co-op student must:
- have at least 15 hours of USC coursework and a minimum GPA of 2.5
For consideration, interested applicants are required to:
• Apply for the internship through FN America’s career site.
• Provide a resume.
• Provide college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable).
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor