• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Development, Architecture, Urban Planning, Finance, or related field in conjunction with a minimum of 7 years multi-family housing development experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in complex real estate development, financing mechanisms, and securing private funding sources.
• Proven experience negotiating investment and financing terms, purchase and sale agreements, construction contracts, and other similar agreements.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and produce thorough and reliable development and operating budgets, as well as longer-term financial analyses.
• Ability to advise, communicate with and seek direction from Director, other Real Estate Development Team members, and other Bellwether Departments.
• Enjoys and skilled in mentoring and collaborating with team members.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Willingness to support team members on their work on an “as needed” basis.
• Ability to work on feasibility analysis and financial modelling to evaluate opportunities as they arise
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to Bellwether’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiative.
• Master’s degree in Real Estate Development, Architecture, Urban Planning, Finance or related field.
• Successful experience using City of Seattle and State of Washington’s funding sources for low-income housing.
• Experience working on affordable housing projects in the States of Washington and Oregon.
• Demonstrated expertise in complex real estate development and financing mechanisms for affordable housing, including tax-exempt bond financing, low income housing tax credits, property tax exemptions, and other public and private funding sources.
• Current or recent involvement with a non-profit or community-based housing organization.
• Experience with advocacy in seeking public funding, explaining and advocating for policies that affect affordable housing.
• Experience in implementing department-wide project management tools, and other systems for efficient work flow.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Compensation: $90,000 - $110,000 per year, generous benefits