For over 38 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
We are offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000 for this position!
• Oversee all aspects of managing building, promoting a “sense of community” among residents with activities and services, working to solve problems and facilitate a responsible and positive community.
• Complete leasing and move in tasks in accordance with Bellwether policies.
• Utilizing property management software, collect rent and monitor resident accounts.
• Complete initial and ongoing certification of residents as prescribed by Bellwether procedures.
• Supervise Facilities Associate, providing direction and oversight for building and unit maintenance.
• Work in collaboration with the Maintenance Department to coordinate work orders, preventative maintenance, and unit turnover.
• Act as liaison to agencies providing referrals and case management to the residents
• Experience supervising staff
• 3+ year’s prior apartment management or leasing experience
• Previous affordable housing compliance experience that demonstrates knowledge of initial and annual certification process, including reviewing and interpreting background screening reports and calculating household income.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
• Experience applying fair housing laws and local landlord/tenant laws.
• Customer service aptitude including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to both internal and external customer requests. Positive attitude a must.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Dependable, highly-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and organized individual skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Experience handling money or performing rent collection.
• Experience working with AMSI property management software or equivalent.
• Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and Advanced training workshops
• Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs.
• Experience working with AMSI/eSite or equivalent property management software.
Hours: 40 hours per week, M-F, flexible work schedule
Compensation: $22 – 27 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, disability (short- and long-term); employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer – we value the diversity of thought, education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience.