Reports To: HRBP, People and Culture
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Full-time
Compensation: $17-18 per hour
Location/Travel: Based out of Corporate Office in San Antonio, TX; Regular travel to San Antonio clinic locations required
The HR Assistant at Empower Behavioral Health (EBH) is responsible for a variety of administrative HR functions across the organization and its 600+ employees (and growing). Working in a fast-paced, growing organization, this position is focused on assisting the HR team with any HR-related needs. This position entails working closely with the team and is a great entry-level opportunity for anyone interested in Human Resources.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc. Refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Provides clerical support to the HR department
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Strong Written and Oral Communication
Attention to Detail
Integrity and Trust
Learning on the Fly
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in related field required
- Prior related office experience preferred
- Experience working in a growing organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications
Empower Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.