The Sales Operations Specialist supports the Sales team by proactively identifying blockers or inefficiencies in the sales process and finds ways to reduce them to increase revenue. Ultimately, this job increases sales productivity by simplifying processes and implementing sales automation, business analytics, reporting, forecasting, managing sales incentive compensation process, and analyzing data. This role will partner with senior sales leadership and operations to significantly support our CRM tool, build out metrics, analytics and continuously optimize sales processes.
This is a highly visible role that is expected to collaborate with all departments across the company to support the sales executives in meeting specified goals.
1. Build processes that support sales lead enrichment, pipeline management, forecasting,
analytics, and innovation functions.
2. Drive strategic projects and improve operational efficiencies.
3. Develop workflows and processes that support data-driven decisions across the Sales
4. Support the development of tools and dashboards that provide critical sales reporting to
both team members and leadership.
5. Builds reports to inform sales reps, managers, and leadership on historical results,
current performance, and expected results in the future. Coordinate key stakeholders
when trends need to be reviewed or addressed to meet sales growth targets.
6. Create executive-ready presentations leveraging analytics and working with business
partners for content.
7. Manages incentive compensation plan. Ensures timely exchange of monthly data among
business partners, calculates eligibility, reviews and distributes reports and payments,
fields inquiries from sales colleagues, and initiates data investigation and communicates
8. Partner with Sales leadership to develop metrics which better reflect the health of our
customer base to forecast churn and renewal expectations.
9. Report to Sales and company leadership on growth forecast, pipeline expectations, and
provide data that powers goals (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
10. Track and analyze sales pipeline health and sales funnel performance
11. Work cross-functionally with other departments to leverage resources and advocate for
team needs as the Sales Operations team grows.
12. Collaborative and lead in troubleshooting operation issues as they surface and propose
change to systems/processes to fix root cause(s).
13. Creates and maintains documentation on sales processes, assisting with on-boarding
new sales reps, and optimizing lead qualification and scoring.
14. Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales process and conversion rates
throughout the sales funnel.
15. Assist with any follow/up communication from the sales team and deliver accurately
16. Implement and ensure compliance to the company’s policies and procedures.
Collaborate with appropriate internal resources on initiation of new policies or request
for new or revised procedures to maintain sustainable best practices.
17. Works closely with marketing on campaign execution, establishing ROI metrics, and
18. Collaborates with appropriate departments and leaders on sales automation
implementation and maintenance.
19. Defines in collaboration with leadership quarterly objectives, standardize business
reporting, and create dashboards for sales executives.
20. Track record of driving initiatives from ideation to execution to outcomes. Use
information to standardize workflows and improve efficiencies.
21. Analyzes realignment requests through proprietary software. Reviews with
management and implements changes through data warehouse.
22. Responsible for coordinating IT Questionnaire's requested by clients.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or relevant field and a minimum of 6 years of sales and/ or operations experience preferably in SaaS. Experience with data analytics, reporting, and Salesforce preferred.
Uses independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to: (1) Understanding and communicating of our products and services as described in all sales collateral training materials and (2) Partner with internal key stakeholders, who will need help in the build of new content for various projects (sales materials, technical documentation, analyst relations, etc.), to ensure quick adaptation to fit sales and business needs. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, self- motivated, personable, and strong attention to detail. Consistently curious about sales and product developments and gaining familiarity and expertise in multiple practice areas. Can
translate information into understanding and implement into sales and training materials. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently in a rapidly changing, hyper- growth organization. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously with limited supervision. Ability to pivot/adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency and prioritization Strong ability to influence and communicate with a variety of stakeholders and clients Courage, analytical mind and is excellent at extracting insights across multiple data sources. Driven, confident in his/her own skills and abilities with an ability to manage a team of diverse backgrounds around common goal. Able to influence and work under tight timelines.