The Role: The Senior Business Analyst will work with R2i's clients in conjunction with the R2i Technology Team and Technical Project Managers to deliver and optimized websites for exceptional user experiences.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the planning, coordination of business requirements gathering, business analysis, writing business requirements, functional, technical specifications as well as write detailed user stories. They will facilitate sprint planning and grooming activities, as well as participate in day-to-day team scrum activities and client and internal team knowledge transfer sessions. They will document, track and provide updates to the Technical Project Manager and Tech Lead on technical project status. This position is responsible for full project life cycle from definition to close out.
R2i is an agile digital agency with clients across industries and verticals. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced fluid environment while balancing competing priorities. He or she will be skilled in creative problem solving and be driven to learn. Day-to-day responsibilities of the Business Analyst will vary, but will include:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and document customer business rules, functionality and processes
- Track and fully document business, functional and technical specifications to include crafting great epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Lead problem solving by facilitating group collaboration and helping to arrive at a consensus
- Conducting all interviewing business reps, resolving stakeholder conflicts, fielding questions from executives to define business and technical requirements.
- Manage product backlog and facilitate sprint review meetings for all assigned projects
- Collaborate with the Technical Project Manager in prioritizing the backlog; assist with Tech PM on facilitating the work itself
- Managing Scope with the Technical Project Manager; understanding implications business requirements have on technical scope of a project.
- Responsible for system specifications design and review, technical review, system testing, system implementation, post implementation review, risk assessment, identifying dependencies & gaps.
- Work with technical team to review / understand requirements and specifications for technical design, obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements
- Assist in technical breakdown of deliverables and assess efforts associated within the Sprint ceremony
- Maintains transfer of knowledge to internal teams
- Combination of attention to detail with a broad perspective of the client’s business needs is critical
- Documents customizations and integrations
- Serve as a core member of the implementation team for new engagements
- Lead Discovery sessions – capture, interpret, and document business requirements
- Work with the technical implementation team to develop a solution design capable of fulfilling the customer’s current and future marketing and analytic needs
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of project deliverables
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with the Tech PM and outsourcing functions
- Utilize JIRA to help with backlog and task prioritization in collaboration with the Technical Project Manager and project teams Technical Lead
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management
- Ability to Travel to client sites required
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., project requirements, requested changes, and testing results)
- Able to create and update specs/documents, and assess completeness of requirements information received
- Able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership
- Able to understand and support well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment
- Experience in need to demonstrate a strong technical platitude, and understand both business and technical language and ideas
- Experience in problem solving skills in order to move toward a project’s successful completion
- Experience in project management skills
- Able to mentor and train less experienced peers
- The ability to integrate the cross functional needs of marketing, technology, and other areas of the organization into an effective business solution.
- Experience with Enterprise Content Management Systems (AEM, Drupal, Sitecore) and the Adobe Marketing Solutions (Campaign, Target, Analytics)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of development, BA experience or Sr. Technical Project Manager Experience
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written communications and; communicate effectively with public and coworkers in a professional and courteous manner
- Exceptional skills in communication, conflict resolution, and stakeholder management
- Certifications are a plus to include Srum master certification
R2i is an independent, full-service agency creating digital solutions that connect and accelerate customer experiences to drive measurable impact for the clients we serve. Our core capabilities across strategy and insights, marketing technology, experience design, media, and digital marketing are designed to advance customer engagements and deliver measurable results. For over a decade we have worked with mid-market brands to deploy best-in-class marketing technology solutions to support an integrated approach to managing the customer journey. R2i serves high tech, healthcare, industrial/manufacturing, professional services, higher education/non-profit, and consumer clients including Microsoft, Ingram Micro, Pentair, Leidos, American Cancer Society, University of Michigan, and Fiat Chrysler Uconnect. R2i is headquartered in Baltimore, with offices in Seattle, and Silicon Valley.