CPNY Development Associate
New York, NY • CleanPath NY
The Associate will support the Clean Path New York project leadership team on all aspects of a complex infrastructure development that spans renewable energy generation and transmission including strategic planning, financial analysis and modeling, site acquisition, due diligence, legal document review, budgeting, construction, design, permitting, reporting, and compliance as needed.
This is a dynamic role working to support the senior leadership of a cross-functional team in a start-up environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assisting in a broad range of development activities including site acquisition, financing, governmental approvals, design, and construction monitoring.
- Conduct site assessments, zoning assessments, and other due diligence related to site acquisition and development feasibility.
- Assist in the underwriting of various elements of the Clean Path New York development across transmission and generation assets. Prepare business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts, and strategic plans.
- Author internal and external correspondence for transaction and property descriptions, offering memoranda for asset sales and capital raisings, and other project initiatives. Manage detailed municipal filings of various kinds.
- Support diligence process in service of energy generation project acquisition opportunities
- Support the negotiation of Power purchasing agreements (PPAs), real estate transactions, stakeholder agreements, and grid connection agreements.
- Support the launch and operations of a $270 million community investment fund.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in renewable energy, real estate, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity.
- Prior experience of working in energy infrastructure development.
- Familiarity with energy policy and regulations.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills are also required to succeed in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Coping skills, attention to detail, along with a strong desire to grow and succeed are critical.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to success at energyRe.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.
- Candidates that have a passion for renewable energy, a strong entrepreneurial mind, and strong work ethic will have the potential to become part of a growing company on the cutting edge of our transition to clean energy.
The Development Associate may be required to endure the following physical activities, environmental conditions, and physical demands:
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces,
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods,
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another,
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 20 pounds in all directions,
- Communicating with others to exchange information,
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, and
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
$130,000 - $150,000 annually + annual bonus