Relocation and Housing Package: Relocation reimbursement for out of area candidates. Housing assistance package; private discounted room in employee housing. See below for all other benefits!
Pay Range: $56,680-$85,280/yr
Status: Year-round Salary (Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating “a day worth repeating” for our guests by ensuring legendary service and high-quality food throughout our F&B outlets.
The F&B Chef at A-Basin oversees the kitchen operations at a variety of base area and on-mountain restaurants.
This position is the leader of our kitchens and is there to manage all aspects of the kitchen and its employees to ensure the best food quality and guest experience possible.
Other duties may include planning menus, ordering food and inventory as well as planning for special events, scheduling and hiring, and other administrative duties.
A-Basin employees look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic. We are known not only for our A-mazing skiing and riding, but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off and sick pay for all full-time employees
- End-of-year bonus
- Free transferrable A-Basin comp passes for every 120 hours worked
- On-demand pay
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Train, oversee, and delegate the daily tasks of kitchen staff
- Train staff to food-handling and sanitation standards set forth by management
- Hold staff accountable for operational standards including: attendance, grooming, task list, and overall service level
- Complete all BML kitchen administrative functions including: hiring, scheduling, training, payroll, employee coaching, and disciplinary concerns
- Coordinate with other F&B managers and other A-Basin departments including Lift Operations, Weddings and Banquets, and Patrol to organize and execute special events
- Oversee the preparation of the entire breakfast and lunch menus; be responsible for having it ready and served on time
- Strive to meet budgeted percentages for food cost and labor every month
- Assist with ordering products using par lists and knowledge of skier days, products include: food and paper products, kitchen utensils, cleaning supplies, uniforms, and linens
- Work with the Warehouse Receiver to: check in product that has been ordered, ensure the accuracy of invoices, put all stock away, and practice “first in, first out” rotation of food product in coolers, refrigerators, and dry storage
- Order and prepare products for special functions in a timely manner
- Take accurate inventory stock at the end of each month
- Ensure safety and sanitation guidelines are practiced; make sure the kitchen is properly clean and organized, including all cook and work stations
- Oversee the proper adherence to the trash and recycling process, making sure it is taken and placed in the appropriate dumpsters every day
- Oversee the maintenance of the kitchen and contact appropriate personnel to fix problems
- Create daily “specials” and appealing-looking food products according to pars lists
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Culinary degree – preferred
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a high-volume, quality-focused management (emphasis on banquet/wedding catering and quick-serve production)
- Advanced knife skills; knowledge of and ability to operate all kitchen equipment
- Advanced knowledge of cooking methods and food identification
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment; ability to maintain consistency and quality throughout an 8-hour shift
- Standard computer knowledge (Microsoft, Excel, Word, e-mail, POS systems)
- Ability to withstand high-altitude conditions at all times
- Ability to stand, walk, and navigate stairs throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must complete ServSafe Certification (A-Basin provides certification opportunity)
- This position works in a professional kitchen with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some work outside in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area while working closely with other kitchen employees. The use of utensils such as knives, cooking devices such as fryers, and/or cleaning tools such as mops is frequent. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.