We seek a Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead a group of highly motivated software developers toward a goal of engineering excellence with growth planned for this year and beyond.
The successful Senior Software Engineering Manager will facilitate the successful definition, development, delivery and prioritization of complex software platform initiatives, while building a culture of engineering excellence focused on reliability, quality, and time to market. Foremost, they will focus on the growth, success and retention of LineVision top talent.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Cultivate a culture of performance by properly translating internal needs into clear work priorities, communicating expectations and holding accountability for results
- Develop engineering talent by providing leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring, ensuring the team is setup for success
- Understand the technical complexities and limitations of our platform and work to create a plan to scale successfully
- Identify technical gaps within the team and ensure we expand the correct areas of expertise
- Within Three Months:
- Establish yourself as a servant leader to your team and colleagues
- Ramp up on LineVision’s technology, business and software engineering development processes
- Secure early wins by successfully managing in-flight projects and kicking off new programs per LineVision's product roadmap
- Within Six Months:
- Take the lead in our recruiting efforts for existing open roles to attract and recruit top talent
- Make a plan to address areas for improvement and biggest scalability pain points
- Build connections across the organization to understand internal needs and better support our cross functional efforts
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Contribute to strategy and roadmap planning
- Build a high-performing software engineering team
- Introduce changes to our software development processes in order to meet ISO-27001 and ISO-9001 certification standards
- Grow the team to help support the company’s growth and future technology goals
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Experience contributing to technical and strategic discussions around long term goals, prioritizing OKRs and internal customer needs
- People management skills working with each individual to ensure career growth and employee retention
- Mastery of Agile methodologies and the ability to lead these practices across a team
- Proven track record of building highly effective teams through recruiting top talent to support our continued growth by address technical gaps within the team
- A passion to accelerate the clean energy transition
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com