Summary: The Agricultural Loan Assistant-Quality Control will work side-by-side with the Agricultural Loan Officers to assist with quality control, organization, filing, and any other tasks that are necessary. The Agricultural Loan Assistant-Quality Control will also help with other aspects of the bank as needed.
- Expected Outcomes: A successful Agricultural Loan Assistant- Quality Control will make sure all closed loans have been reviewed, files are checked for completeness, and all required documentation is accurate.
- Check for compliance with all established regulations and guidelines pertaining to documents required for due diligence per credit approval.
- Review all completed loan documents to ensure all were signed by the customer.
- Responsible for working within regulatory guidelines and bank policies that are applicable to the area this position supports.
- Respond to any defects found on any loan review in a timely manner.
- Responsible for a high level of confidentiality and security while handling company information; verbal and/or written documentation.
- Responsible for the collection of documentation for various Audits conducted throughout the year. If needed, act as a liaison between the auditor and Ag. Loan personnel.
- Monitor insurance expiration dates and obtain renewal information from customer if needed.
- Focus on Ag Community and projecting positive image for bank with current and perspective customer base. Assist with customer requests in the absence of loan officer and be sure that customer receives a level of service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Assist in answering the telephone and performing general teller responsibilities as needed.
- Perform other duties within the bank as deemed necessary by agricultural loan officers to enhance efficiency and balance work loads.
- Facilitate and assist in any other areas of the bank that may be deemed necessary by management to assure operational soundness and project a positive perception of the bank by its present or perspective customer base.
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree desired but not required.
- Strong Attention to detail required.
- Must be a self-starter and work on their own as well as a team setting.
- Proficient knowledge or MS Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Agricultural Industry knowledge desired.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.