Our human resources team is looking for a Human Resources (HR) Analyst to help us by being a subject matter expert on all HR-related data systems and processes. Your day-to-day duties will include managing and maintaining HR data, processes, and metrics; supporting payroll; processing data through third-party web portals; performing related data reporting; and generally supporting system- and technology-related HR initiatives. If you are analytical, a systematic thinker, and want to join a team who enjoys helping people thrive in a relationship business, then APPLY TODAY!
In one year as our HR Analyst, you will know you were successful if you...
- Create data models, analyze internal data, and present relevant, data-based inputs for company decisions via written reports, narratives, or presentations.
- Lead or support system-/technology-related tasks associated with HR projects/initiatives.
- Respond to internal data and audit requests by creating, analyzing, and providing data reports.
- Create and deliver scheduled dashboards and metrics.
- Collaborate with and support routine payroll processing.
- Analyze and synthesize external data sources such as compensation or benchmark data for internal application.
- Establish relevant databases of incoming data and configure methods for ease of use.
- Develop and enhance HR data reporting practices in support of evolving business needs.
- Interface with internal technology teams and external HR technology vendors to ensure the best use of HR systems and their integration with other relevant internal systems.
- Train peers and employees on system usage.
- Pursue updates in HR technology trends to enhance HR operations and employee service.
- Lead or support future implementation and administration of HR systems and data feeds.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study (e.g., computer science, data science, applied statistics) or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of four years’ experience working with company data systems in an analytical role is required, preferably working with HRIS applications (especially Paylocity).
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications – must be able to utilize Excel at least at an intermediate skill level including pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions. Advanced knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Requires competency in effectively and accurately managing and utilizing HRIS data.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll software is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and associated solution implementation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ability to analyze large amounts of data, to translate data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Requires learning agility, discipline, flexibility, self-start, self-direction, forward-thinking, problem-solving and the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.