Pine Tree Society is committed to helping people with and without disabilities lead richer, more socially connected lives. Our mission is to provide children and adults with disabilities the opportunities and the means to create better lives for themselves and their families. Come join a team dedicated to helping the community lead richer, more socially connected lives every day!
As the HR Coordinator with Pine Tree Society, you will provide support to our Human Resources team with a variety of activities related to HR as well as some administrative tasks for our organization's Bath location. This position will provide exceptional service to customers internally and externally. It requires professionalism, flexibility, and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
The key qualifications needed to be successful in this position is the understanding and implementation of general human resources policies and procedures, the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communications, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Assists in recruitment process by posting job openings, evaluating applicants, and phone screening potential candidates.
- Obtains authorization forms and processes background checks.
- Calls and verifies professional references.
- Electronically sends offer letters and launches electronic onboarding process.
- Answers questions from team members regarding the payroll and HR database such as timesheet, paystubs, direct deposit, W2, etc. questions.
- Provides administrative support to Human Resources by assisting with onboarding process.
- Works with human resources team to process and review biweekly payroll for 100+ team members.
- Performs confidential clerical functions such as copying, mailings, scanning, faxing, and filing.
- Uses HR software to assist with administration of employee benefits.
- Assists HR Managers with updating job descriptions.
- Assists in employee onboarding and helps organize training and professional development initiatives.
- Utilizes a multi-line phone system, assessing calls/inquiries and directs, and relays messages promptly, accurately, professionally, and courteously.
- Serves as point of contact for supply monitoring and ordering, key distribution and tracking, etc.
- Distributes and tracks petty cash funds with accuracy.
- Coordinates meetings by ordering or purchasing refreshments, setting up equipment, and online meetings, etc.
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of employment, labor, and payroll laws.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including SharePoint.
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with HRIS systems (we currently use Paylocity) will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize time effectively and remain flexible to effectively meet competing demands.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life, short-term disability, and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 12 paid holidays (including one floating holiday for your birthday or other holiday you’d like to recognize!), a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE
- Associate’s degree in human resources or business-related field preferred.
- Two years of experience in human resources.
- One year of payroll processing experience preferred.