FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
During the Quality Engineering Co-op, you will:
- Review CMM programs for accuracy and precision to QA202 and in process forms
- Complete gage R/R on dimensions in question upon completion of CMM program verification
- Provide assistance for Rev K implementation
- Provide assistance on departmental goals in cross-functional areas
- Learn how to work with other functional areas to implement cross functional projects
- Become more versed in statistics and probabilities using production data and how it can be applied in other ways
- Improve training and presentation skills
- Learn basic print and GD&T skills and concepts
- Learn basic measurement systems and measurement uncertainty (R&R)
- Learn to review CMM programs and the association to R&R data
- Review CMM Reports and Programs in an attempt to eliminate error and increase program precision
- Complete Gage R&R's to verify existing gage methods are acceptable to quality standards
- Provide assistance in implementation of Rev K project including but not limited to Bluetooth implementation, Product Hold Point, Project Creation, Operator assistance, Project improvement concepts, and Project scheduling and planning
Preferred Degree Program:
Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Manufacturing Systems.
Co-op dates: work while attending school, 20 hours/week for three consecutive semesters.
The Co-op student must:
- have at least 15 hours of USC coursework and a minimum GPA of 2.5
For consideration, interested applicants are required to:
• Apply for the internship through FN America’s career site.
• Provide a resume.
• Provide college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable).
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor