Innovation – Collaboration – Excellence
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation, (AAWDC) is a nationally recognized, innovative workforce development organization that provides high-quality workforce development services to drive purposeful change in Anne Arundel County and across Maryland.
AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. AAWDC’s vision, mission, and core values are at the heart of the way the organization achieves success.
WE are now working to meet the expanding needs of our own internal team by searching for a mission-focused Communications and Outreach Manager who will lead, develop, and execute AAWDC’s external and internal communications, outreach, and public relations functions. As the leader of the outreach and communications team, the Communications and Outreach Manager contributes to and support AAWDC’s mission, vision, and values while partnering across the organization to develop and implement effective strategies that build brand awareness, increase customer engagement, and showcase organizational impact.
Communications and Outreach Manager:
· Develop and implement strategic outreach and communications plans to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of services, and increase visibility across key stakeholders.
· Maintain brand standards across the organization ensuring proper and consistent use of naming conventions, brand attributes, and logo.
· Write, update, edit, and oversee the production and design of printed materials.
· Develop strategies for increasing awareness of the organization’s mission, goals, impact, and activities among target audiences and stakeholders.
· Develop, implement, and manage targeted campaigns.
· Facilitate communications and outreach needs for AAWDC initiatives.
· Work with department staff and organization staff to develop and implement social media strategies and implement a content calendar.
· Maintains website by utilizing multiple content management systems to produce and edit content
· Collaborates with the Workplace Excellence Team to develop messaging, outreach materials, and maintain the website
· Contribute to the development of publications and websites, facilitates outreach campaigns, and assist in planning events
· Serve as the Public Information Officer and press contact for AAWDC and the Local Workforce Development Board
· Writes and distributes press releases and coordinate press conferences and events.
· Works with the Executive Team and HR Department to facilitate and implement internal communications to keep all team members informed and up to date on the organization’s direction.
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, Communications, or Marketing with a minimum of 3 years of experience in these areas.
· Prior experience in managing people.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, proofreading, and copy-editing skills.
· Prior experience in developing and maintaining media contacts.
· Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Experience in web management, content, copying writing and editing, and web content management systems to maintain multiple websites.
· Solid understanding of project management principles.
AAWDC supports the needs of employees both in and outside of the work environment. Full-time AAWDC employees enjoy a robust benefits package including but not limited to:
· 35-hour workweek
· Fully subsidized dental, vision, and ancillary benefits for eligible employees
· Comprehensive medical insurance covered at over 80% for eligible employees
· 403(b) retirement program with match of up to 5%
· Tuition Assistance Program
· PTO, Personal Days, and Holidays
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, color, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.