The Virginia Outdoors Foundation is seeking a full-time Stewardship Assistant to assist with regional stewardship duties. The position will be located in the Blacksburg Office. Starting salary is $40,000, with benefits including health, vision, dental, 401k, STD/LTD, FSA, life insurance, and a generous PTO plan. Approximately 15% statewide travel will be required. EEO/AA. The position closes August 30, 2019.
- Work 40 hours per week.
- Assist with assigned duties, including but not limited to, property inspections, compliance reviews, landowner education, and records management assistance, which will entail, in part:
- Frequent travel throughout the Southwest stewardship region
- Contacting and maintaining good relationships with property owners and their representatives
- Inspecting properties in open-space easement and documenting relevant changes
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records
- Researching land records and development records
- Creating maps and editing data using ArcGIS
- Assisting other staff with documentation, mapping and filing needs
3. Other general office duties and support.
4. Participate in meetings and training activities.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license
- Bachelor's Degree in Land Use or Environmental Planning, or related field, from an accredited college or university preferred/desirable, or experience that would provide the skills and abilities listed
- Demonstrated experience working alone in remote and rural areas, as well as collaboratively on a team
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting deeds and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to decipher various property boundaries using surveys, plats, descriptions, and other related materials
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS, GPS technology and related Smartphone applications including Apple iPhone iOS.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting aerial imagery
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- CPR and First Aid training preferred
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation.
The Virginia Outdoors Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
Questions or requests related to the position can be emailed to the Human Resources Manager, Sara Brooks at email@example.com.
The position closes August 30, 2019.