Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina, with offices also in Chapel Hill and Boston.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Scientist, Compound Management to join our Lead Discovery team. This individual will interact and collaborate cross-functionally with research scientists, information technology, and operations across the organization to build and maintain a state-of-the-art compound management system. They will also have key responsibilities in implementing a laboratory information management system (LIMS).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Handle all logistical aspects of compound management, including: registration, receiving, and physical inventory.
• Receive requests for compounds, prioritize and communicate timelines, weigh samples, and distribute to scientists
• Ship compound materials to outside collaborators
• Participate in the development and implementation of new Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and small-scale automation
• Communicate with stakeholders to ensure efficiency and data integrity
• Management of external Compound Management at CROs
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field and 12+ years experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology (or MS and 8+ years experience)
• 5+ years experience in a sample management role is required
• Knowledge in chemical properties of organic compounds
• Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment and procedures, such as use of scales and making of solutions; automation, informatics
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams, under critical timelines and while balancing the needs of internal customers is required.
• Strong initiative, problem solving and attention to detail are required.
• Excellent organization, planning, time management and prioritization skills are required.
• Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting preferred.
• Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Your role is integral to helping us advance our RNA-small molecule drug discovery pipeline. Ribometrix offers excellent benefits and career development.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No