We are seeking brilliant people who geek out about energy, data, or software design, to work with LineVision’s LiDAR and electromagnetic field telemetry data, data delivery infrastructure, and cloud-based systems. You will be working mainly with Python and SQL applications to improve and maintain the software systems that are used to calibrate and maintain sensors. If you are passionate about the net-zero energy infrastructure, are a data engineering nerd or just love to write pythonic code, we want you!
What will you do?
You will work on the team responsible for building and improving key parts of the analytic engine that powers our company. You will:
- Design, build, test and maintain internal tools to support data calibration and integrity
- Analyze mathematical and physics-based code to ensure results are correct, optimized, and have a resilient, fault-tolerant implementation
- Contribute to design discussions regarding code and systems architecture
- Be a valued member of a high-performing software engineering team by supporting team goals of continuous improvement and our culture of growth-mindset
Skills and experience required to succeed in this role
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, Astronomy, Statistics, Atmospheric Science, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- Strong and disciplined approach to test-driven software development
- Initiative, creative problem-solving skills and team collaboration
- Desired experience and programming languages
- Python experience required; SQL, GIS, ArcGIS, Git experience is a huge plus
- Math and science Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, and Matplotlib
- Data APIs and loosely-coupled RESTful HTTP architectures
- Cloud infrastructure; AWS (preferred), Azure and/or Google Cloud
Work Schedule: The ideal candidate would be available for a minimum of 3 months, up to the full 6 month co-op term, working 40 hours a week. LineVision has a standard US holiday schedule, and up to a week of additional unpaid time off is permissible. Upon successful internship or co-op completion, you will be considered for a full-time position upon graduation.
Compensation: $25 - $30 per hour
Who we are
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increasing capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com