We seek a Technical Data Analyst to join our Data Calibration team in a collaborative environment to help onboard and calibrate sensors in our real-time monitoring and analytics systems to secure the future of the grid.
The successful Technical Data Analyst will be a high achiever who enjoys digging into data. They will be detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. They will be able to absorb and process information quickly and aren't afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Collate calibration data inputs to enable customer data from newly installed sensors
- Analyze time series data and visualizations to be able to identify anomalies/inaccuracies
- Execute and maintain Python scripts used by the team to process and load data
- Within Three Months:
- Actively participate in training and build relationships across LineVision
- Learn the full customer onboarding process at a high level
- Partner with Senior Analysts to shadow and perform calibration steps
- Independently start executing one or two onboarding steps
- Within Six Months:
- Develop a deeper understanding and take ownership in executing steps of the onboarding process
- Partner with Senior Analysts in troubleshooting data calibration issues
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Full understanding of data calibration onboarding process with ability to mentor junior team members and co-ops
- Execute full data calibration onboarding process for assigned projects and own communication between project and data calibration teams
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Comp Science, Physics, Math, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Exposure to time-series and geospatial data
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with business process analysis techniques, a plus
- Experience working with electric power transmission, renewables, etc. a plus
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com