Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina, with offices also in Chapel Hill and Boston.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our Lead Discovery group. This person will be responsible for assay development, hit characterization, and compound profiling to support hit discovery and lead optimization efforts. They will collaborate extensively with other members of the Lead Discovery, Chemistry, and RNA Biology teams. An ideal candidate will have prior experience leading drug discovery programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Designing, developing, validating, and implementing high throughput assays for hit identification and compound profiling
• Establishing, validating, and performing secondary and orthogonal assays for hit and lead characterization
• Providing biological input and support for target identification, hit discovery, and lead optimization efforts
• Mentoring other scientists in development, validation, and troubleshooting of cell-based and cell-free compound screening and profiling assays.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• BS in Biology, Biochemistry or related field and 12+ years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology area; or MS and 8+ years of professional experience; or PhD with 4+ years of postdoctoral/professional experience is required
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with multiple formats for high throughput cell-based and cell-free assays is required including luminescence, fluorescence, FRET, radioligand, and immunoassays
• 2+ years experience supporting high throughput screening and/or iterative medicinal chemistry is required
• 2+ years experience developing binding assays is required
• 2+ years experience with complex data analysis, data management, and data mining is required
• Track record of leadership for or significant contributions to successful drug discovery programs is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
• An ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams is required
• Experience working with DNA/RNA/siRNA is preferred
• Experience with assay transfers or externalization is preferred
• Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is preferred
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.