**Please note that we will follow-up to your application via email. Often those emails are captured in Junk Mail. Please check your email frequently for communication from us regarding your application.**
Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for fifteen (15!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Accountant to join our team! TOK is a commercial real estate company with work-ready offices in Nampa and Boise, Idaho. We’re also a family-oriented company that truly values our employees. We offer healthcare options that are paid for or partially paid for by TOK, a 401k and match, a competitive salary complete with profit-sharing bonuses, three weeks paid time off, and many other unique non-monetary benefits.
As a Senior Corporate Accountant, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Monthly reconciliations of operating cash.
- Review all customer receivables and corresponding revenue for appropriate GL coding, many times between different entities.
- Review all accruals or payables and corresponding expenses for appropriate GL coding, many times between different entities.
- Review income statement classifications for revenue, expenses, and their subaccounts.
- Process vendor bills upon approval while maintaining accurate vendor information.
- Prepare monthly state sales/use tax filings.
- Review fixed asset additions and disposals.
- Other ad hoc requests from the accounting manager.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of functions, skills, and expectations of employees.
- College degree or real-world equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in accounting or a related field.
- Detail oriented and great organizational qualities.
- Have extensive experience with Excel (PowerBi is a plus) and a willingness to learn how to connect those tools to new technology.
- Experience with Acumatica as an accounting software is a plus.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- Be familiar with all four financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and equity statement.
- Be familiar with the use of general ledger subaccounts or account classes.
- Have experience consolidating multiple entities and know how to eliminate intercompany transactions.
- Have experience with entities that have many owners with different capital account balances.
- Have knowledge of commissionable wages and their relationship to revenue.
- Possess strong “customer service” skills when communicating with internal or external parties.
- Assist in implementation, troubleshooting, and testing of new accounting related systems.
- Support accounting staff and assist the accounting manager.
Essential physical abilities required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time, occasionally move about the office to access necessary materials, and operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds and work in an office environment that may require walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and sitting for long periods of time.