Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Ability to correctly read prints and insure correct placement of new facilities in accordance with customer and permit requirements.
· Familiar with all types of UG construction including trenching, directional boring, missile- stitch boring, and rock drilling and be able to discern when to use each type to be more productive.
· Ability to establish a set of BOM’s and implement daily to assist with materials tracking. Take necessary pictures of placements and track job progress daily to avoid billing lag and stop gaps from being missed between crews.
· Ability to coordinate and control multiple crews daily and assist with scheduling fiber splicing and testing.
· Must be up to date on traffic control set ups, take downs and implementation to insure minimum impact to the public. Will provide training and certify if required.
· Ability to correctly redline and as built daily work production and resolve conflicts on the fly.
· Familiar with underground construction, cable placement, and splicing.
· Ability to work with Excel, Word, and good computer skills are required.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Assess plans for feasibility and ability to construct
· Assign daily, weekly workload for subcontractors or inhouse crews, and assist with productivity through planning and guidance
· Track, inspect, and document all underground work daily and weekly
· Communicate with underground supervisor to insure smooth transition between the two
· Communicate with project manager as to needs, and completion daily, weekly and project wide
· Ensure all safety procedures are followed and permit requirements are met
· Work with materials manager to ensure no lapses occur in materials or production
· Company equipment maintenance
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Competitive Salary
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.