Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· 10+ years’ experience in all types of splicing. Must be able to splice single and or ribbon fibers equally well and train new personnel.
· Ability to read and digest fiber splicing schematics and make corrections along paths when needed.
· Ability to create splicing close out packages, including as built records and correct format of records, OTDR, OLTS, IOLM as required by customers.
· Familiar with multiple types of testing requirements including Mux/de-Mux testing, and types of splice closure set up and fiber prep based on which type of cables are used.
· Ability to schedule multiple splicers, track splicing and testing daily, and create testing reports daily and weekly.
· Ability to order and track materials, maintain equipment, and be an active problem solver, able to roll with the punches and move from market to market as workflow requires.
· Ability to work with Excel, Word, Quick base, and good computer skills are a very big plus.
· No DUI’s in the past 7 years in order to drive company equipment
· Will consider a splicing group with splicers as a complete package for this as well.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Assess splicing plans for feasibility and ability to complete.
· Assign daily, weekly workload for splicing subcontractors or inhouse crews, and assist with productivity through planning and guidance.
· Track, inspect, and document all splicing work daily and weekly.
· Communicate engineering and construction for all scheduling and plan changes as needed.
· Communicate with project manager as to needs, and completion daily, weekly and project wide.
· Ensure all testing as completed and turned in to Engineering and billing teams as soon as feasible and that splicing, and testing data is compiled and documented.
· Ensure all safety procedures are followed and permit requirements are met.
· Work with materials manager to ensure no lapses occur in materials or production.
· Company equipment maintenance.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.