Innovation – Collaboration – Excellence
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation, (AAWDC) is a nationally recognized, innovative workforce development organization that provides high-quality workforce development services to drive purposeful change in Anne Arundel County and across Maryland. AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. AAWDC’s vision, mission, and core values are at the heart of the way the organization achieves success.
The Director of In-School Youth Services reports directly to the President & CEO. They work closely with the Executive Leadership and Senior Leadership Teams and are closely aligned with the AAWDC mission and vision. The Director of In-School Youth Services is expected to accomplish initiative goals and performance measures required under the funding sources. Additionally, the Director will work in collaboration with both internal and external partners to achieve annual goals. This position will be responsible for effectively managing assigned staff and utilizing available financial and other resources in accordance with AAWDC policies, procedures, and goals. The Director of In-School Youth Services is specifically responsible for the leadership of in-school youth services and will ensure that all contractual requirements, performance goals, and reporting are delivered accurately and in a timely fashion.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Directs daily operations of the Initiative to ensure quality customer services in compliance with performance requirements, budget guidelines, and stated outcomes.
- Provides planning, leadership, and guidance in implementing Initiative strategic plans.
- Ensures the accurate and timely reporting of budget information and performance measures, as required by AAWDC internal reporting requirements, maintaining accurate and accessible data.
- Ensures all funding streams are fully utilized in accordance with Federal, State, and Local requirements as well as AAWDC goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate and accessible records to facilitate reporting of performance data and outcomes, as required; provides documentation and data in a timely fashion, as requested.
- Assists in developing assigned initiative(s) annual budget(s) in accordance with requirements issued by AAWDC’s Finance department.
- As required, participate in programmatic and financial audits of assigned program(s).
- Function as the point of contact and liaison between AAWDC, the Local Workforce Development Board, and the Anne Arundel County Public School (AACPS) system.
- Leads the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of career counseling for AACPS students.
- Identifies demand-driven solutions to be implemented in programmatic efforts. Implements best practices of career exploration, career planning, and case management.
- Understands industry sector trends and engages businesses and initiative activities.
- Assists in the development of annual accomplishments, outcomes, and economic impact reports that demonstrate the effort of AAWDC in providing Anne Arundel County residents employment and contributing to the economy of the county.
- Manages grant performance and budgets.
- Performs supervisory functions, including interviewing, performance monitoring, and coaching, to ensure that compliance requirements are met.
- Provides constructive feedback, coaching, and training to employees experiencing performance challenges; employs and documents corrective actions as necessary in compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that Initiative staff and work environment present a professional image, consistent with AAWDC policies and procedures relative to attendance, external communications, professional appearance, etc.
- Supports Initiative staff in overcoming barriers to meeting goals and objectives by maintaining open and accessible communications and providing opportunities for performance improvement and professional development.
- Facilitates team development among Initiative staff across functional units and sites to foster collaboration and motivation to exceed standards.
- Oversees the coordination and/or participation in special events in collaboration with AAWDC internal and external partners as needed.
- Works in conjunction with other AAWDC initiatives to ensure that all AAWDC goals are met successfully.
- Works collaboratively with the operations dept. to ensure all grants are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human Services, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Coursework in Business Management of non-profit organizations, multi-cultural organization development, and career coaching/development a plus.
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required.
- Available to travel and work weekends/evenings as needed.
- Five or more years in Human Services, including a minimum of 3 years of supervisory and program development experience.
- Community advocacy and a commitment to the delivery of exceptionally culturally sensitive programs must be demonstrable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple existing projects and deadlines with attention to detail while developing new initiatives must be demonstrable.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including empathetic listening, collaboration, and problem-solving, are required.
- Knowledge of the public education system, demographics, and communities is highly recommended.
This role requires some travel within the local community and occasionally out of state.
AAWDC supports the needs of employees both in and outside of the work environment. Full-time AAWDC employees enjoy a robust benefits package including but not limited to:
· 35-hour work week
· Fully subsidized dental, vision, and ancillary benefits for eligible employees
· Comprehensive medical insurance covered at over 80% for eligible employees
· 403(b) retirement program with match of up to 5%
· Tuition Assistance Program
· PTO, Personal Days, and Holidays
To apply directly, please follow url or copy and paste into your browser:
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, color, national origin, disability, or other protected characteristics.