About Brinkman Real Estate
Brinkman Real Estate provides strategic insight and access to property investment opportunities throughout the Intermountain West. Our approach balances purpose with profit to acquire and activate properties to increase quality for tenants while maximizing predictability and return for investors. Brinkman’s investment portfolio includes diverse assets from multifamily, mixed-use, office, hospitality, and retail. Our current AUM equal nearly $500 million with a forward-looking goal of adding 8-10 additional asset acquisitions, or 1,000 units, per year.
We are a certified B Corp and have received such industry honors as NAIOP Deal of the Year Finalist, NAIOP Innovative Project of the Year Finalist, Governor’s Award for Downtown Excellence, Colorado Companies to Watch, and Colorado State University Real Estate Hall of Fame.
For more information about Brinkman Real Estate, please visit www.BrinkmanRE.com.
Our Core Values
Be All In
Do the Right Thing
Our core values are present in every interaction you have with us. From how we hire to how we manage our properties, we aim to lead by example and set the highest standard of accountability.
The VP of Capital Markets & Investor Relations will lead our Investor Relations team and be responsible for raising capital for multifamily real estate investments across the Intermountain West Region. This person will manage the scaling of our capital raising/investor relations functions focusing on growing the client base with qualified high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs), family offices, and registered investment advisors (RIAs). This person will fundraise for real estate deals and ensure that we successfully close equity offerings in a timely manner. This is a senior-level position reporting to the CEO requiring at least seven years of experience in real estate capital formation with HNWIs, family offices, and RIAs. The investor relations responsibilities of this position include management of the Investor Relations team and coordination with various departments across the firm including acquisitions, accounting, asset management, legal, and marketing to develop and provide high-quality communications and services to all investors. Brinkman uses Juniper Square, a state-of-the-art investor portal, to administer the subscription process, investor reporting, and CRM systems for the company. Experience with Juniper Square or other investor portals will be beneficial to the role.
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals and carry the primary role of raising $100 to $150 million capital annually from new equity sources.
- Develop strong understanding of Brinkman Real Estate’s brand, track record, and pipeline.
- Collaborate across the organization on investor networking and engagement events.
- Lead the firm’s capital formation strategies and activities, including raising funds from existing and new investors.
- Responsible for launching the company’s first real estate fund by the end of 2023.
- Assist in overseeing monthly and quarterly communication with existing and prospective investors to facilitate capital-raising efforts for the real estate investment platform and private equity real estate funds.
- Plan and execute fundraising initiatives, create strategic partnerships, and identify and analyze potential funding sources and opportunities.
- Develop compelling fundraising strategy and pitch decks.
- Conduct outreach and cultivate relationships with stakeholders such as investors, family offices, RIAs, investment banks, and private equity.
- Act as a representative for the organization at fundraising events.
- Oversee the development of marketing materials and implementation of marketing campaigns to reach the firm’s capital-raising strategies and goals.
- Maintain presence externally through participation at industry conferences, with outside organizations, on committees, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with family offices, HNWIs, RIAs, industry influencers, key strategic partners, and clients. Develop specific client relations programs.
- Establish professional network and maintain contacts and records of activity in company CRM portal, Juniper Square.
- Out-of-state travel will be required at least once a month. This may include property tours, investors meetings, and touring markets.
Please note that due to the nature of this position and the nature of our business, this list is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- BS/BA in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Communications, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of raising capital for real estate investments from HNWIs, family offices, and RIAs.
- Demonstrated experience in sales in commercial real estate, private wealth management, alternative assets, and/or the insurance industries.
- Deep understanding of the investor ecosystem.
- Established track record of successful capital-raising.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Analytical expertise to understand and interpret proforma models and returns.
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Mature, confident, and comfortable interacting with a senior executive leadership team.
- Strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgment and discretion.
- Superb organizational and planning skills.
- Long-term investment mindset geared toward meeting investor expectations.
- Client/customer service-oriented approach.
- Desire and ability to travel frequently to attend after-hours events.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Remote Hybrid
Base salary of $150,000 to $225,000 depending on level of experience, with additional potential compensation in the form of (a) capital raise performance incentives and (b) company profit sharing.
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) with a 4% match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and we deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and community impact programs.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of this role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.