Are you interested in a rewarding career working with young children? Join the Kennebec Valley Community Action Program (KVCAP) team in providing quality early childhood care and education!
KVCAP, which seeks to strengthen individuals, families and communities through direct services and community collaborations that create solutions to poverty, is looking to hire a full-time, full-year Teacher Aide working with children ages 0-3 at Educare Central Maine in Waterville.
- Working within a team to support children’s developmental progress and school readiness
- Supporting child assessment
- Individualizing for diverse learners
- High school diploma or GED, unless working as part of an early childhood education training program while earning a diploma or GED. In addition, for Early Head Start primary caregiving responsibilities: Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or comparable credential or equivalent coursework focused on infant and toddler development require
- Experience in group care setting for young children ages 0-5.
- Must be able to meet requirements of agency & State Child Care Licensing regulations for background checks and physical exams.
- Able to demonstrate interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills and basic computer skills.
- 13 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day)
- Low cost health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance options
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off program that starts at 4 weeks per year
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan that includes an employer contribution and an employer match
- Annual CSA program that delivers a weekly box of food from local farms to all participating employees for 20+ weeks per year
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- $200 per month stipend through August 2024