Work at one of Rochester's Top Workplaces for 2019!
Excellent benefits packages including 401K with employer match, generous Earned Time Off and shift differentials.
Essential Job Functions
• Listen to shift report attentively in order to set priorities of resident care.
• Follow resident assignment sheet that contains plan of care.
• Report to licensed nurse pertinent resident care information throughout shift.
• Report to licensed nurse when leaving unit and at end of shift.
• Physical and emotional needs of the residents will be maintained with respect and compassion per resident’s individual plan of care and ECH policy.
• Transportation of residents to and from activities and appointments as assigned.
• Perform treatments per CNA certification under direction of a licensed nurse.
• Provide a clean and safe resident environment.
• Be punctual.
• Work according to daily schedule.
• Interact with co-workers and team members in a respectful and courteous manner.
• Provide assistance to co-workers as requested.
• Be courteous and helpful to residents, families and peers.
• Communicate pertinent information to co-workers to ensure compliance with resident care standards.
• Follow the chain of command.
• Respond positively to suggestions and guidance.
• Be respectful and courteous to residents, visitors, and co-workers.
• Meet all certification and re-certification requirements as set by regulation.
• Follow the dress code per policy.
• Complete ADL documentation by end of scheduled shift.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required in-service hours on a yearly basis as designated by New York State.
Ability to relate to the geriatric population. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be flexible and willing to adapt to change. Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with staff, residents, family members,visitors, vendors and the general public.
EDUCATION: Must possess high school diploma or equivalent with reading, comprehension and writing ability at 12th grade level or higher. Certified as a nursing assistant.
EXPERIENCE: Experience as a certified nursing assistant and interest in working with older adults.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires lifting, bending, walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may be required to provide direct care or have access to resident property or belongings.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors as well as in resident areas where universal precautions apply. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS: Employee has no responsibility for others.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Church Home. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.