Responsible for overseeing and managing the supply chain and planning operations to maximize efficiency and minimize the cost of organization's supply chain. The Supply Chain Manager will support local site production through effective and timely material planning and purchasing. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adheres to approved budgets. This position will implement and manage purchasing along with managing current and future supply base. Working directly with sales, operations and manufacturing team to support daily, weekly, and monthly requirements ensuring purchasing processes are deployed and ingrained throughout business processes. Supports all sourcing, continual improvement, obsolescence, supplier integration, VMI and supplier foot print reduction activities and initiatives. As a significant user of the ERP system, participates in the data integrity of the system, its upkeep and improvement with IT.
Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable - 30%
1. Maintain the company culture and values by role modeling and coaching the desired behavior.
2. Develop and manage direct reports, use open door policy and give real time feedback on performance.
3. Conduct one-on-one meetings every month to coach, correct and recognize behaviors.
4. Conduct quarterly/annual performance reviews with direct staff.
5. Ensure that all employees have a performance improvement/personal development plan to improve department's overall performance.
6. Directly oversee all performance issues and progressive discipline practices.
7. Collaborate and partner with the Human Resource Manager and/or Director of Operations to ensure that fair management practices are being followed.
8. Collaborate and partner with the Human Resource Manager and/or Director of Operations to assess individual compensation and ensure that all employees are paid according to their performance.
9. Grow the supply chain teams’ capability and capacities to not only meet the production schedules but to act as a team in order to meet the key deliverables of the company.
10. Communicate company goals and objectives to staff.
11. Work with the Human Resources Manager on recruitment, hiring, development, evaluation, promotion and termination of team members in accordance with human resources policies.
Supply Chain Management - 20%
1. Perform long term planning to ensure that Supply Chain grows their capabilities to meet strategic objectives long term.
2. Manage the department budget to ensure that cost targets are met.
3. Manage and directly supervise daily activities to drive execution and schedule adherence.
4. Ensure that individual work outcomes are complete and accurate and meet the standards set by the organization.
5. Manage overtime and staffing requirements in order to meet cost and productivity targets.
6. Develop training and proficiency plans for all facets of the quality process.
7. Manage daily communication and collaboration through the supply chain team “huddles”.
8. Establish metrics for monitoring safety, quality, cost, and team/individual morale.
9. Provide technical oversight and directions as required, to assist in troubleshooting or root cause analysis on difficult problems.
10. Monitor performance of the department against the key metrics and take corrective action as necessary.
Supplier Approval/Management - 10%
1. Review supplier qualifications, rating and risk analysis for addition to the approved supplier list.
2. Oversee the supplier files and ratings entry into the ERP system to ensure access to records.
3. Manage supplier visits assessing risks and pre-determined audit schedule and assign resources for required visits.
4. Collaborate with Quality to ensure that supplier corrective actions are monitored to closure to ensure the supplier continues to be approved.
5. Communicate with suppliers on performance and cost issues.
6. Review and submit supplier contracts, including submitting NDA’s as required.
7. Continually examine the market for more competitive suppliers.
8. Oversee cost management of the supplier to ensure the products and projects remain in budget.
9. Initiate long term supplier agreements and review with Operations Director and owners for approval.
Planning - 20%
1. Work with Executive Leadership and Management, Sales, and Project Engineers to determine program schedules and key priorities.
2. Develop and manage the Master Production Schedule to ensure on-time-delivery is met.
3. Facilitate the scheduling meeting and troubleshoot critical path items to ensure schedules can be met.
4. Track action items from scheduling meeting and work with stakeholders to close action items.
5. Continually monitor for shortages and work with Purchasing to close out.
6. Attend the Planning meeting weekly to review the schedule with production to ensure priorities are set.
7. Collaborate with Sales to obtain forecast data to input into the Master Production Schedule.
8. Develop the schedule and present in the SIOP meeting with management.
9. Oversee the maintenance of the BOM hierarchy in the ERP system to ensure its accuracy.
Quality Conformance - 5%
1. Ensure that all supply chain personnel become familiar with and understand all procedure changes and instructions.
2. Ensure that all Supply Chain procedures are followed to drive quality outcomes and ensure quality controls.
3. Provide resources to perform root cause analysis for corrective and preventive actions identified in the department.
Collaboration - 5%
1. Collaborate with Production, Logistics, Sales and Shipping to ensure daily shipments are met.
2. Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure long lead items are identified and material is available.
3. Collaborate with Engineering on understanding project schedules and the target hand-off to Sustaining Engineering.
Continuous Improvement- 10%
1. Maintain effective communication through department “huddles” on a weekly basis to surface improvement opportunities and issues that need addressed.
2. Maintain and improve the supply chain process flows and processes to drive for zero quality issues and lead time reduction for production due dates.
3. Communicate with the Leadership team through the constraint operation meeting to provide them with the information required to drive improvements to cost and quality issues.
4. Leverage Lean tools to drive continuous improvement.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor’s degree or professional certification with emphasis on Supply Chain, Management, or business studies required.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills required with the ability to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supply chain related position.
• Previous supervisory experience with extensive knowledge of manufacturing practices and techniques in an aerospace environment.
• Computer literacy with ERP program, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Must be familiar with MRP systems and know the fundamentals of how they work and how to use them to schedule and plan a business.
• Maintain professionalism at all times when communicating with suppliers and/or potential suppliers.
• Strong presentation or group speaking abilities required.
• Experience training others.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.