Civil Design, Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, infrastructure & analytics, and structures. Civil Design, Inc. recently celebrated its 27th year in business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, Effingham, IL, and Collinsville IL.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
- Create, administer, maintain, and ensure the availability, security and integrity of enterprise level geodatabases
- SQL Server performance tuning and optimizing including OS, memory, database parameters, disk utilization, backup and disaster recovery planning and troubleshooting
- Data management, creation, reconciliation and quality control
- Manage ArcGIS Server software and hardware as well as ArcGIS Online account and maps
- Create high quality maps, web maps and other GIS-related products using ArcMap
- Coordinate data collection, reporting and map development for all departments
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of work performed
- Develop custom workflows and scripts to increase productivity and accuracy
- Operate and assist in the maintenance of GIS system hardware, software and related equipment
- Perform field work/inspections, which may require occasional travel
- Provide technical instruction and implement standards for office staff, field crews and clients
- Experience with ArcSDE/SQL Server multi-cluster environment, SQL Server Management Studio, ArcGIS Server, Amazon Web Services and ArcGIS Online
- Experience in data management including data loading, database management, metadata, file conversion and analysis
- Skilled in ArcSDE versioning and archiving workflows and best practices
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel/stoop, lift 30 lbs, work outside, and drive for extended periods
- ArcGIS Extensions / ModelBuilder
- Experience in integrating GIS systems with other enterprise applications
Minimum Education and Training:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience with ArcGIS Desktop/Software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or related field, and 1-3 years of professional-level geospatial work. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may substitute for the minimum requirements on a year per year basis.