Westside Family Healthcare is a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
The Director of Finance and Accounting (DFA) is responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, payroll, and reporting activities. As a member of the senior management team, the DFA prepares presentations to the Board Finance Committee. The DFA leads all day-to-day finance and accounting operations and supervises the Accounting team. The DFA ensures that Westside has the financial systems and procedures in place to support organizational goals and objectives and works closely with managers and their staff to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
- Supervise the Accounting team
- Develop and plan department objectives with the CFO and staff including short- and long-range accounting programs in budgeting, profit analysis, accounting systems, financial reporting, and internal auditing
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain strong internal controls and ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Work with CFO to develop and prepare financial statements (including balance sheets and profit/loss statements) as well as variance analysis, ratios, income/expense, and investment analysis, e.g., effects of fee changes on costs and profits, return on investment
- Oversee the annual financial audit and any special financial audits
- Direct the preparation of statistical information and reports for management, government, and other agencies
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for management and the Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain grants management process to ensure accurate financial reporting
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
Five years of accounting experience
Previous experience in all aspects of grant management and fund development
Prior experience working for a non-profit organization