The heart of Boston Ballet is the human experience. Through our living and breathing art, we forge human connections—between artist and attendee, teacher and trainee, friend and newcomer, one's outer and inner self. We believe that the community of employees that makes dance possible is better together when talented individuals with varied life experiences, identities, races, cultures and ideas are welcomed, encouraged, and heard.
Under the direction of the Director of Media and Communications, the Database Marketing Manager is an exempt position that resides within the Marketing department, but collaborates and consults with Development, Information Technology, and Boston Ballet School to better optimize our customer database and email strategy. They are responsible for managing all aspects of email marketing campaigns including building segments, setting up automation logic, scheduling relevant content, implementing emails, a/b testing, creating reports, and analyzing customer behavior across audience segments. This position is responsible for analyzing customer behavior and email campaign results and translating them into recommendations and plans for enhancement and optimization. They will stay abreast of marketing automation best practices and make recommendations to optimize the Ballet’s approach.
Audience Strategy and Analysis
- Use a data-driven approach to craft buyer personas and identify high-value leads
- Develop strategies for building new audiences through lead generation and retaining core audiences such as subscribers
- Build performance reports and present insights and recommendations to continuously optimize engagement and conversions across campaigns
- Make recommendations based on email performance and segmentation results to achieve over $2M in email revenue
- Participate in annual strategic planning meetings with digital advertising agency to understand full multi-channel picture. Stay abreast of any trends that would affect performance
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Create, analyze, and disseminate monthly reports on audience demographics (zip codes and relevant ticket buyer demographic data)
- Manage marketing automation tool to strategize, design, and execute personalized patron journeys across defined segments
- Plan, draft, and deploy all e-communications, ensuring content and messaging is aligned with other marketing touchpoints
- Serve as a primary copywriter and ensure suitability and optimization of content by channel type, consistency in style and tone, relevancy for target groups, and adherence with organization-wide branding and messaging guidelines
- Track performance and adjust in real time to continuously maximize response and sales across multiple segments
- Institute and manage digital lead generation (e-mail and social) throughout the Ballet and School locations, as well as the website, social channels, events, and other assets, working with other departments as necessary
- Collaborate within the team and cross-departmentally on developing and documenting new processes to streamline workflows
Please be sure to submit a cover letter and resume when applying to ensure consideration of your candidacy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably working with e-communications and/or marketing automation platforms and experience as either a data analyst for a marketing department or firm, or a digital content strategist
- Experience working in CRM databases such as Tessitura a plus
- Proven track record of strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to work independently or with a cross-functional team to effectively handle multiple projects and stakeholders while driving toward deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; diligent proofreader with an attention to detail
- Independent self-starter with excellent problem-solving, data management, and analytical skills
- Superior internet and computer skills and ability to pick up new programs quickly; command of Microsoft Office programs, popular content management systems, and Google Analytics; ability to learn the basics of the Tessitura database; some HTML
Boston Ballet requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless the employee is entitled to a religious or medical exemption.