Executive Assistant to the President
NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
Who We Are:
NJI has U.S. team members located coast to coast as part of our HQ/US team based in Washington, D.C. From farmers to urban foragers, trapeze artists to Mario Kart fanatics, we have colleagues with diverse interests and addresses. For this role, the person must be located in or near the Washington, DC area and able to readily work from the Alexandria, Virginia office as needed. This position must be able to support on EST hours daily and across time zones as needed to support the President’s travel.
This position will directly support the NJI President on a wide variety of administrative and project-related tasks. You will operate as a direct extension of her, supporting her day-to-day management of the company. This role will coordinate closely with the NJI Experience, Operations, and Finance & Human Resources teams.
Essential for this position is the ability to juggle multiple, rolling requests and responsibilities from the President at the same time. An entrepreneurial spirit to self-start and problem-solve continuously while always remaining kind, respectful, and unflappable is a necessity.
- Manage the President’s calendar and internal and external scheduling requests
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents
- Execute office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and handling all expense reports and related budget tracking
- Participate in select meetings and capture notes and key actions as needed
- Arrange travel, accommodations, dining, or other reservations directly or in coordination with company travel resources as needed.
- Brief the President on incoming requests, priorities, issues, or other information as relevant throughout the day
- Support ad hoc personal and business requests, e.g., book appointments, select client gifts, and coordinate payments, donations, and thank you notes
- Provide assistance to team members at the specific request of the President
- Coordinate with team members on special projects or requests as needed
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems
- Able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Extremely proficient with Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc., as well as Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, with the ability to learn new or updated software
- Familiarity with project management software like ClickUp and the ability to learn new or updated software
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or related field preferred.
- At least four years of related experience is required.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experiences, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace by actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact email@example.com.
We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
If our team is interested in moving forward with your application, a member of our staff will reach out via an @njimedia.com email address with more information about the next steps. We will not ask candidates to communicate via platforms such as Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.