Prevailance is seeking an experienced, mission-focused professional to support the Surface Warfare Engineering Schools Command (SWESC) and PMS 339 Specialized Engineering as a Machinery Repairman Contractor Instructor. This position supports SWESC and PMS 339 by providing instruction, operation, testing, remediation, curriculum support (includes updates and maintenance of curriculum), administration, safety, and management support services for formalized naval training. Supplement instructional services, to include remediation, and management support to engineering, and other related subjects as directed by Navy Educational Training Command (NETC), the Training Support Centers (TSCs), Training Support Detachments (TSDs), and SWSC Engineering Learning Sites.
The Machinery Repairman supports technical and military training for enlisted personnel of the U.S. and allied navies at SWSC Engineering Learning Site (ELS) Norfolk, VA for training, accomplishes upgrades and improvements as needed. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare classrooms / workstations / labs prior to commencing instruction to include equipment set-up and availability of all required instructional material.
- Perform operational checks of all classroom / workstations / lab training equipment, devices, and aids.
- Note deficiencies / discrepancies in training equipment, devices and instructional aids including preventative and corrective maintenance deficiencies and submit written recommendations to the TA and the COR.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of written instructional materials and student forms required by a particular classroom / seats / lab.
- Report in writing any material discrepancies or items that prevent teaching any section of the course via SWSC / PMS 339 / SLC Formal Course Review.
The Machinery Repairman Contractor Instructor must have the following qualifications:
- A graduate of the Navy Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502) OR equivalent instructor training course
- A minimum of three (3) years technical experience in the subject matter hired to instruct
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Military Training Environment
- Knowledge of learning principles, practices, and methods of presentation and delivery of course content, testing and remediation procedures, curriculum, training aids, devices, electronic podiums, TTE, lab equipment, equipment operation and maintenance procedures associated with the course
Specific qualifications include:
- Former Senior (E5 – E9) Surface Ship Machinery Repairman (MR)
- Have comprehensive knowledge in the area of safety, operation and maintenance of heavy machinery tooling shipboard, precision grinding / advanced milling tools and techniques
- Qualified to teach the following NETC courses (aka the MR Pipeline):
A-702-0022 Precision Grinding
A-702-0023 Heavy Machinery Operator
A-702-0024 Advanced Milling
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be able to obtain a favorable background investigation
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’ s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. At present the Government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced. Once the enforcement date is set, prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.