We seek an Information Technology Lead to take broad ownership for delivering technologies and services to help employees stay productive, safe, and ISO 27001 compliant at our growing clean tech company.
The successful Information Technology Lead, reporting to the Sr. Director of Security and IT, will embody the mindset of a servant leader, and delight employees with responsiveness and technical proficiency. This person is ready to work hard, take on a challenge, and collaborate with a growing, mission-driven team.
What will you do?
Core Responsibilities and Key Performance Objectives
- Deliver exceptional technical service and support to all employees at LineVision
- Get your hands dirty administering enterprise systems to improve productivity and security
- Design and implement processes and procedures to keep LineVision safe and to meet ISO 27001 standards
- Manage LineVision’s outsourced IT service provider, and recommend future strategy for support
- Within Three Months:
- Become an expert with LineVision's suite of enterprise applications
- Adjust LineVision's account provisioning and desktop support model to improve service to employees, reduce reliance on our outsourced IT service provider, and meet ISO 27001 standards
- Conduct IT controls required for ongoing ISO 27001 compliance and certification
- Assume responsibility and oversight for our outsourced IT service provider
- Within Six Months:
- Develop training for new and existing employees to make them both productive and safe while using LineVision's systems
- Select and rollout a new password management solution
- Recommend changes (tools, procedures, training) to improve employee satisfaction and security
- Within a Year and Beyond:
- Select and implement a Data Loss Prevention system and train employees on its use
- Revise and recommend the 3-year roadmap for LineVision’s IT systems and services
- Evaluate and propose an updated resourcing plan to support continued growth and evolving needs
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Empathic communication skills and ability to explain complex technical issues with a range of audiences, such as engineers, executives, vendors and customers
- Experience developing and managing a strategic IT roadmap and budget
- Proven track record of assessing enterprise software and solutions vendors, making recommendations, and driving change
- Hands-on experience with productivity tools such as Google Workspaces, Microsoft Windows, Atlassian suite, Slack, KnowBe4, and Sophos
- Intense attention to detail while implementing procedures to meet industry compliance standards
- Track record of hiring and developing high-performance teams
What does joining LineVision mean for you?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact our success in providing utilities around the world with solutions to increase the flexibility, efficiency and safety of their grids for a cleaner and electrified future
- Real World Innovation. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current electric grid.
- Growth. You will join a motivated and high-performing team helping LineVision scale from a 50 person company to market leader, serving utilities around the world and solving one of the key obstacles to the clean energy transition
- Distinction. You will inspire the future by being part of a team that introduces a fundamentally differentiated solution to utilities that helps solve the challenges they face in updating and increasing the capacity of the current grid system
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment with other scientists and engineers
Who we are…
We are a rapidly growing technology company, enabling electric utilities around the world to lead the clean energy transition with enhanced transmission grid flexibility, increased resiliency, and more grid capacity for renewable energy. We provide utilities with our patented, non-contact sensors for the real-time monitoring and predictive analytics they need to accelerate the path to a net-zero grid.
- We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about helping to solve the biggest challenges facing today’s electric grid
- We believe unlocking transmission capacity is critical to the resilience of our future grid and the ability to integrate renewables at scale
- We value and benefit from the wide-ranging perspectives that come from a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We are committed to providing:
- Situational awareness to help grid operators make informed decisions on the physical position of their conductors that can help to prevent damage and fires
- Dynamic Line Ratings to increase capacity by up to 40% on existing transmission lines with real-time monitoring while improving reliability & safety
- Asset health monitoring to improve maintenance strategies by creating a digital twin to determine the true conductor health
LineVision Inc is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, visit http://www.linevisioninc.com