Objectives of this Role
- Responsible for creating a variety of technical engineering documents in support of ESS Technologies automated packaging machines.
- Ensure documents are completed to ESS standards within an established time frame.
- Employ industry experience to improve all aspects of documentation.
- Interact with engineering and sales departments as required to create and revise internal and external machinery documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working with engineers to create and maintain documentation required for all packaging machinery projects, including:
- Software Design Specifications (SDS) for automated packaging machines.
- Functional Design Specifications (FDS) for automated packaging machines.
- IQ/OQ documents for automated packaging machines written to industry standards.
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) documents to verify machine performance as required by ESS engineering for both internal FATs and customer FATs.
- Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals for automated packaging machines.
- Written procedures for creating technical documents to ESS standards and/or Industry standards.
- All other technical documentation as required by ESS engineering and ESS customers.
- Manage documentation deadlines to ensure documentation is created in a timely fashion as required by machine production schedules.
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements and business needs.
- Report to management regularly on status of projects and concern around schedules/teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Technical Writing, English, or Communications.
- 3+ years of experience in creating technical documents for engineering or manufacturing businesses.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents as many times as needed to ensure accuracy of content, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word document formatting including use of style tags in creating document appearance, creation of automated tables of contents, tables of figures, indexes and other references within the document.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional software.
- Knowledge of photography equipment and video equipment and photo / video editing software for creating photos and videos of automated packaging machines.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office software as required (MS Teams, Smartsheet, Outlook.)
- Experienced with use of SharePoint.
- Ability to operate computer and a camera.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with Engineering, Sales, and management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
ESS Technologies, Inc. is part of the Pacteon group which also includes Schneider Packaging Equipment Co., Inc. and Phoenix Wrappers. Pacteon Group’s purpose is to automate the supply of life’s products. We believe and live our Core Values, our iPact:
Integrity – Trust makes everything more efficient, build trust through honesty and transparency
Pride – Know that we will live the Pacteon Promise for our customers, selves, owners and communities
Accountable – Say what we do and do what we say
Customer Focus – We listen with purpose, respond with urgency and deliver with quality
Teamwork – Together everyone accomplishes more
Our Pacteon Promise is that “We make it right”. As our customer’s one source for end of line packaging solutions, everyone plays an important role to make that happen. For more information on Pacteon, please visit pacteon.com.