Merchants Bank of Indiana is expanding its IT business insights/analytics team. We are looking for a IT Data Analyst who can help support both Merchant Capital’s and Merchants Bank of Indiana’s multifamily teams by developing customized reports and operational data extracts. Day-to-day you will gather data from a hosted SQL database to support our key business unit functions, and collaborate with the Project Delivery Office and its Product Owners on projects. Currently, we are in phase one or about 1 year into building this team, so the current work mostly consists of projects where data is requested, gathered, and then reported on. Phase two will be visualizing our findings, taking that data, and turning it into business insights. We are maturing these processes and looking for a data analyst who wants to be part of building something. If this sounds exciting, apply TODAY!
After one year as our IT Data Analyst, you will know you were successful if you…
- establish subject matter experience on the underlying data models of critical business applications.
- develop and mature code review, delivery, and maintenance best practices for report writing in SSRS and mentor new/junior team members to ensure adoption
- partner with the Product Owner and other team members to communicate the value and outcomes of data collection and report findings
- create and maintain technical documentation within the team backlog for ad-hoc queries, reports, data extracts, and applications for future use and audit purposes
- maintain and manage database backups and internal SSRS environments
- develop proficiency in middleware, ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), and data integrations impacting key business applications you support
- identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- operate within and champion the Agile/Scrum delivery approach
What we are looking for…
- Appropriate degree (associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science) or comparable training with fundamental knowledge of Microsoft SQL and SQL Reporting Services
- 2-4 years’ experience operating in an agile environment with Product Owners, and team members to develop data-driven solutions for business partners, primarily using Microsoft SQL and SQL Reporting Services
- Experience developing dashboards and other modern data visualizations leveraging Power BI or comparable technology
- Use of statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
- Previous experience with Redgate tools a plus, but can be taught
- Knowledge and experience with Middleware or comparable Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions, as well as more modern data integration approaches, is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel level ability
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and systematically compile technical and statistical information into comprehensive reports or other formats
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.