The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a full-time Shipping/Receiving Material Handler to work on-site in our Des Moines, IA location.
Position Summary: Drive, load & unload straight truck to various mail processing facilities in the DSM metro. (CDL is NOT required.) Operate forklift & pallet jack to move palletized material. Build & breakdown pallets of mail trays and paper material. Receive, identify, record and stow shipments of paper and printing materials. Identify, palletize, prepare & log shipments of mail and printed material. Monitor production schedule and prioritize shipping receiving workflow. Respond to research requests from other departments. Other material handling duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Drive straight box truck to various mail processing facilities in local area.
- Load and unload materials for pickup and/or delivery.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack to move palletized material.
- Build and breakdown pallets of mail trays and paper material.
- Receive, identify, record, and stow shipments of paper and printing materials.
- Identify, palletize, prepare, and log shipments of mail and printed material.
- Monitor production schedule and prioritize shipping/receiving workflow.
- Respond to research requests from other departments.
- Other material handling duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must have experience driving vehicles with a manual transmission.
- Forklift driving experience required.
- Must be able to represent TPI in a professional manner to outside vendors.
- Experience with shipping/receiving software required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel required.
- Must be able to compose well-written messages to internal and external customers.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 80 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Two years shipping/receiving experience.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Occasional lifting up to 80 lbs. Driving box truck or delivery van moderately. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Frequent bending, reaching, and twisting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 4:00am- 12:00pm for 1st shift, 12:00pm- 8:00pm for 2nd shift. Weekend hours required during peak production times. Typically works 40-50 hours per week.
TPI recognizes that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.