From the moment you walk through the doors at Edgeworth Economics you will be treated as a valued addition to a team that is rich in diversity of cultures, education, and perspectives. Whether you are a consultant or a member of the administrative team you can expect to build meaningful professional and personal relationships that will help you develop your talents, interests, and career path.
Edgeworth employees enjoy a collaborative, collegial work environment with a casual dress code at each of our office locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include monthly phone and fitness reimbursements, weekly wellness sessions hosted onsite, a fully stocked kitchen, and regularly scheduled social events all of which aim to provide our staff with a well-rounded employment experience.
Edgeworth Economics is an economic and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigation, regulatory, and other challenges involving antitrust, class certification, intellectual property, and labor and employment. Edgeworth’s expert economists, statisticians, data analysts, and other professionals assist clients with innovative solutions rooted in the rigorous application of economic principles and hard data. Organizations including leading law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies rely on Edgeworth Economics to help them navigate through their most critical legal disputes and other challenges.
We pay attention to the details and work with a great sense of integrity and accountability. We are constantly striving to improve our workflow knowing that our team helps provide peace of mind to our firm’s team members, clients, and vendors.
Allow us to provide you with the opportunities, resources, and guidance necessary to develop your career at any stage.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Learn and become an expert in Edgeworth’s time and billing system, BigTime:
o Audit and maintain data integrity, including accuracy of timekeeper hours and rates, client, project, and billing data.
o Troubleshoot and support day-to-day issues.
o Oversee training documents and conduct new hire orientations.
- Coordinate timesheet recording, editing, and tracking for assigned timekeepers. Run and review time delinquency reports and follow-up with timekeepers as needed.
- Verify that all conflicts reports are complete, consistent, accurate, and adhere to firm standards and procedures for all conflicts of interest searches performed firm wide.
- Open new client and project codes as needed, helping to ensure that all supporting documents are obtained, signed, and organized appropriately. Provide regular status report(s) to management reflecting missing client/project intake documents.
- Coordinate and generate monthly client bills for project administrators; finalize and distribute bills to outside counsel and clients as per contract terms.
- Submit client bills into clients’ e-billing systems, as needed.
- Ensure client bills are delivered in a timely manner and provide regular status report(s) to management regarding payment and collection activity on unpaid invoices. Follow up on unpaid invoices as needed.
- Assist partners with engagement letter coordination; finalization and filing with finance.
- Prepare routine reports to management on productivity, revenue, billing, and aged A/R.
- Contribute to the re-engineering of financial processes and methods to increase efficiency.
- Assist with additional requests and assignments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a similar role, professional services experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service, including communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with peers and clients.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience using timekeeping and CRM software a plus.
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume and cover letter.