Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
We have an opening for an experienced and professional individual to serve as our Executive Assistant. This role will perform general and administrative duties for the Hampton Roads Business Unit Leader in a fast-paced, energetic environment. This role will produce detailed, accurate work on multiple and varied projects and require a proactive work style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Business Unit Leader with day-to-day administrative duties, including but not limited to internal and external communication, scheduling appointments, managing office events, calendar management, documentation responsibilities, expense reporting, presentation materials, and maintaining company files.
- Serve as Office Manager for the office through keeping the office presentable and organized; maintaining the inventory of office supplies, inspecting and maintaining the kitchen; assisting with mailings, greeting guests and other duties as they arise.
- Attend meetings and produce detailed meeting minutes
- Prepare, manage, and refine content and materials for project pursuits and other presentations
- Collect and prepare information for use in meetings and discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage, track and collect financial documentation from project teams monthly.
- Assist in getting certificates of insurance and bonds from the boding and insurance agents.
- Manage office vendors, including reproduction, vending, access control, deliveries, and US mail.
- Assist with owner billings as well as management of other project documentation (subcontracts, RFIs, RFPs, change orders, etc.)
- Assist with documentation as it relates to federal projects and contracts compliance (federal reporting)
- Interface and correspond with Owner, A/E, subcontractors, and other team members to build lasting relationships and provide superior customer service.
- Ability to handle details of a confidential and critical nature.
- Serve as the face of the Hampton Roads office, by greeting guests, answering phone calls, and providing the highest level of customer service.
- Participate in the Hourigan Safety and Health Management System (SHMS) by committing to safe work practices, raising concerns, attending and applying safety and health training, and eliminating hazards within your capability and control and the help of safety staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in an administrative support role.
- Previous construction industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making skills and solution-oriented
- A strong service-oriented attitude
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Detailed and process oriented
- Strong organizational and documentation abilities
- Strong task prioritization abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of the following software, and willingness to learn systems proprietary to Hourigan Group (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, CMiC, and Textura).
- Some regional travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.