At FFB Bank, we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset – and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and personal success- apply today!
Teamwork: We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
Relationships: We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
Authentic: We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
Commitment: We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The position of Accounting Intern is responsible for supporting the Controller, Accounting Manager and Accounting staff in ensuring the smooth operation of the accounting department by performing a variety of duties. These duties include processing accounts payable invoices; balancing and reconciling various general ledger account; performs reconciliation of Correspondent Accounts; performs monthly certifications of general ledger and subsidiary accounts; maintains proper documentation and files; and performs other duties associated with the Bank’s general accounting operations.
- Provides support to all assigned areas in the Accounting Department where service or assistance is needed.
- Process accounts payable invoices provides support and research related to the Banks financial obligations.
- Assist with monthly certifications to ensure application balances to the general ledger; prepares periodic reconciliations, ensures accuracy and proper documentation of transactions; follows-up on out-of-balance items to resolve problems, as necessary.
- Reconciles and balances correspondent due from accounts, and Finance assigned BanControl Accounts.
- Gathers and calculates data and prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for management; ensures reports are accurate, complete and prepared on schedule.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information, and sorts and scans department mail or reports as required.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduating senior, or final semester junior required. Educational experience in business or financial industry recommended.
- Organized, analytical, ability to deal with urgent matters, be able to recognize anomalies and present potential solutions, ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, self-starter, ability to gain full understanding of tasks being performed, recommend potential efficiencies or improvements in processes, and the ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, to effectively shift duties due to necessary time frames. Thus, effective organizational and time management skills.
- General experience with methods and procedures related to bank account or general ledger reconciliation.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers, vendors and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Become first line of defense for the financial and accounting functions. Being able to identify and question unusual transactions and requests.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.