Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission through strategic and effective leadership of innovative and effective technology.
The successful candidate will demonstrate skill and devotion toward setting the overall IT strategy and driving cross-functional IT needs by being well versed with industry trends and emerging technologies. The Director of IT will be responsible for overseeing a group of technology professionals and will lead the evolution of The Association of Former Students IT infrastructure. The candidate will bring strong leadership to the team and create an environment that promotes professional development and growth. The Director of IT will balance the technical aspects of this position and the ability to integrate The Association’s vision, mission, and culture with IT priorities.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Serves as the overall IT lead for The Association of Former Students and is responsible for IT strategy, vision, reference architectures, governance, technology due diligence and selection, project delivery, and management:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of network, storage, security, and telecommunications infrastructure, including office automation, phone, and video conferencing.
- Plans, sets, and budgets strategic architecture vision and tactical directions for existing and forthcoming products.
- Provides leadership and management to the internal user Service Desk and IT systems administrators to ensure the best possible service levels to all stakeholders.
- Manages IT vendors, including engaging with contract management and procurement functions.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with co-workers and management at The Association as well as the technology and operations staff at affiliate organizations.
- Establishes enterprise data architecture strategy and manages enterprise-wide storage, backup, integration, and accessibility of data, including disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Implements and maintains telecommunications systems for both building telephony and mobile phone services.
- Communicates the practical implications of industry best-practice system selection and implementation, architectural decisions, issues, and plans to senior business stakeholders.
- Works with facilities management to design and implements facility access control, surveillance, and security systems.
- Develops and manages robust IT and cyber risk policies to protect The Association’s team members and information assets.
- Participates in continuing education/professional development and ensures IT team members do as well.
- Sets team's annual deliverables/objectives and performance goals, and empower them to deliver on strategic priorities and objectives.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact for all technology activities outside The Association.
- Provides year-end reporting of the IT Team’s performance as well as annual projections of future IT needs.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events in support of the Vice President and CFO or on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Extensive knowledge of standard office equipment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with network management and routing in layer 2 and 3, network security best practices and design. Experience with virtualization implementation and management. Storage/SAN implementation and management experience. Understanding and experience managing of telephony systems. Expertise in backup and data replication strategies, software, and systems. Experience with administration of Office 365 at the enterprise level. Experience with Active Directory and Azure Federated Services configuration and maintenance. Ability to operate a keyboard/mouse. Frequent use of a computer. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Occasional evening and weekend attendance as required.
Preferred: Extensive experience with AV equipment deployment and support. Experience with Veeam backup software, VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter virtualization software. Extensive experience with SAN design and management.
Required: Minimum 7 years working in a technical administration, networking, and security IT environment.
Preferred: 7-10 years designing and administering network, security, and desktop environments. Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSA, o365 administration, etc.), Cisco (CISSP, CCNP, etc.), or HP/Aruba (ACNSP, HPEx, etc.).
Required: Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related management field.
Received: Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
Given: Senior Systems Administrator.