Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission through proactive administration of technology.
The successful candidate will demonstrate skill and devotion toward the day-to-day management of the end-user IT environment and direct support of both IT and audio-video needs. The Coordinator will work with a group of technology professionals to support the evolution of The Association of Former Students IT and AV infrastructure. The candidate will bring strong IT and AV skills to the team and create an environment that promotes professional development and growth and support cross-functional IT needs by being well versed with industry trends and emerging technologies. The Coordinator of IT will balance the technical aspects of this position and the ability to integrate The Association’s vision, mission, and culture with IT priorities as set forth by Vice President and CFO.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Serves as the overall support lead for The Association of Former Students and is responsible for IT systems operation, governance, maintenance and selection, project delivery, and management:
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose complex IT and AV systems.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of computing, software, AV, and telecommunications infrastructure (including office automation, phone, and video conferencing).
- Manages the internal user Service Desk and IT support personnel to ensure the best possible service levels to all stakeholders.
- Manages technology vendors, including engaging with contract management and procurement functions.
- Manages system upgrade and deployment plans for both hardware and software to ensure the technology operating environment is up to date, patched, and secured. Produces accurate and complete system documentation.
- Completes or manages AV installations or repairs.
- Provides end-user training and documentation for common hardware (iOS/Android devices, PC/laptop, printers, etc.), software (Office 365, Windows, printing, etc.) and AV (displays, projectors, control systems, mics, speakers, etc.).
- Participates in continuing education/professional development and ensures IT team members do as well.
- Sets team's annual deliverables/objectives and performance goals, and empowers them to deliver on strategic priorities and objectives as defined by the Director of IT.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with co-workers and management at The Association as well as the technology and operations staff at affiliate organizations.
- Works independently and communicate effectively with Association staff and vendors.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events in support of the Vice President & CFO or on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Extensive knowledge of standard office equipment. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Extensive experience with AV equipment deployment and support. Familiarity with network management and routing in layer 2 and 3, network security best practices and design. Understanding of and management experience with telephony systems. Knowledge of or experience with backup and data replication strategies, software and systems. Knowledge of or experience in administration of Office 365 at the enterprise level. Knowledge of or experience with Active Directory and Azure Federated Services configuration and maintenance. Frequent use of a computer. Ability to operate a keyboard/mouse. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Preferred: Virtualization implementation and management experience. Storage/SAN implementation and management experience. Experience with VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter virtualization software and Veeam backup software.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to serve as an advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. Occasional evening and weekend attendance as required.
Required: Minimum 5 years working in a technical administration, networking, and security IT environment. Experience with designing, installing, and managing AV systems.
Preferred: 7-10 years designing and administering network, desktop, and AV environments. Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSA, o365 administration, etc.), Cisco (CISSP, CCNP, etc.), or HP/Aruba (ACNSP, HPEx, etc.).
Required: Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related management field.
Received: Vice President and CFO.
Given: Student Assistants.